Now Recruiting: School Sustainability Representatives
Be the link between your Academic School and the University’s sustainability goals – we are now recruiting School Sustainability Representatives for 2020-2021!
This is a voluntary position for undergraduates and postgraduates at the University of St Andrews. The role requires approximately two hours of work per week. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Run sustainability-themed events to drive sustainability forward in your Academic School
- Take action and be an agent for sustainable change at your Academic School
- Be the communicative link between students, your Academic School, the University’s Environment Team, and the Environmental Sustainability Board to make the University of St Andrews into the first carbon net-zero University in the UK
The role opportunities include:
- Network with academics, professional staff, and sustainability representatives across schools
- Gain experience in sustainability engagement, event management, and behaviour change
- Be an agent of change for sustainability
Successful candidates will receive training in relevant skills by three training sessions:
- Session 1 (week 3) introduction, knowledge and ideas – the role of the Sustainability School Representative
- Session 2 (week 5) skills in practice – manage and create your sustainability-themed events experience of sustainability-themed events and to be the agent of change
- Session 3 (week 8) knowledge, ideas, and skills in sustainable practice – your role in making Green Week into a University-wide event
Are you the right candidate? Email your interest in the role stating your name, year, and academic school, with a short statement why you should be your School’s Sustainability Representative to [email protected]. Applications are now extended by one week and will close Friday 2nd October at 12 noon.
Good luck with your application!
The Environment Team