Thanks to all those who came along on Friday to our annual Freshers’ Bike Sale hosted by the Environment Team and Bikeworks Fife. Hopefully everyone was able to go away from the sale with something – if not a new bike, then some safety advice, free reflective armbands, or a new set of lights or lock.
We know that unfortunately not everyone was able to get a bike on the day, so to those who are still looking to purchase an affordable bicycle for getting around town, I’ve compiled some links that hopefully will be of some help:
- Bikeworks: Call to arrange a visit to purchase a bike directly from their workshop in Glenrothes. A very friendly team who will build the bike to your specifications, pick you up from Glenrothes bus station, and will deliver your bike to St Andrews once built.
- Skillshare Dundee: Call to ask for availability and/or bike maintenance sessions in Dundee.
- The Bike Station: Call to check next date of bike sales at their workshop in Edinburgh.
- Please note that while the above 3 options are not located in St Andrews, it is possible to transport a bike back to St Andrews on the train.
- As always, there are also new bikes available for purchase at Spokes on South Street.
- And finally, a great place to look for one-off sales is through the St Andrews Flea Market Facebook page and website.
If it’s bike repairs you’re after, then look no further than our very own Bike Pool. They will be offering training classes on 27th and 28th September, and will be carrying out their first maintenance sessions at DRA on 25th October and 29th November. Please email email@example.com for more information.
As for bike security marking, the police will be in attendance in halls from 12.30 – 2pm on the following dates:
17th September – McIntosh Hall
24th September – DRA
1st October – Andrew Melville
8th October – Agnes Blackadder
15th October – Uni Hall
22nd October – John Burnet
29th October – St Salvators
5th November – Albany Park