Thanks to all those who came along last Friday for our annual Freshers Bike Sale hosted by the charity Bikeworks, the University Environment Team, and volunteers from the Bike Pool team! I hope we were able to help everyone with something – if not a new bike, perhaps a tuneup for your old bike, some safety advice, or a new set of lights or lock.
To those who are still looking to purchase an affordable bicycle for getting around town, I’ve compiled some links that hopefully will be of some help:
- Bikeworks: http://www.fifebikeworks.org.uk/index.asp?MainID=12340 call to arrange a visit to purchase a bike directly from their workshop in Glenrothes
- Skillshare Dundee:http://www.skillsharedundee.org/ call to ask for availability and/or bike maintenance sessions in Dundee
- The Bike Station: http://www.thebikestation.org.uk/edinburgh/ call to check next date of bike sales at their workshop in Edinburgh
- Please note that while the above 3 options are not located in St Andrews, it is possible to transport a bike back to St Andrews on the train (I myself purchased a bike from Bike Station in Edinburgh and took it back on the train in fact).
- As always, there are also new bikes available for purchase at Argos and Spokes in town.
- And finally, a great place to look for one-off sales is through the St Andrews Flea Market Facebook page and website http://yourfleamarket.net/.
Although Bikeworks is not scheduled to host another bike sale in St Andrews anytime in the near future, stay tuned to the Environment Team’s Facebook page, as well as the Bike Pool team’s Facebook for any upcoming cycling events, workshops, or one-off sales.
– Environment Team (email@example.com)